Monday 2 April 2012

Ghost bird final books

Haven't posted on here in about a week since after our hand in the sun came out and I have had an absolutely glorious week sitting out in the sun instead of doing work!

Working on an essay at the moment so nothing too exciting. But here are some photos of my final books for the Ghosts Of Gone Birds Project. I have enjoyed myself so much in this module, think I have finally worked out what I am doing!


Firstly the Auckland Island Merganser book. I made a box for this which I hand embossed with an image of the bird on the front, and the story of the bird on the back. The Embossing powder makes amazing sparkly effects when used for text!





The Moa book, I redid these because the tracing paper cases on the others kept breaking and I also wanted to try the images on matte paper. These are printed onto Bockingford watercolour paper which has amazing texture. I used the same paper for the covers and hand embossed these with images of the birds.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I always like receiving comments so cheers in advance :) josie xx