Monday 12 August 2013

Timelapse flowers and patterns

Today I started working on a design for this months Tigerprint competition to create a purely black and white pattern design. This was a bit of a challenge for someone who likes using colour so much and I had some fun with it.

As a bit of an experiment I started using a time lapse app that I downloaded to record my process and see how it came out. I recorded myself doing some of the drawing and then the digital editing on Photoshop. I found out it is really hard to get a straight on angle of a computer whilst also being able to use the keyboard (hence the sideways view). Let me know if you like this video I want to do a few more, though it does make me feel a bit more self conscious and slightly distracted whilst drawing...


And here is the pattern I came up with :


Edited the black and white design a bit further than in the video (its harder to focus when theres an ipad practically leaning on your shoulder...) 

I also got excited and wanted to use some colour (I don't think i am a monochrome artist!) so I came up with this mini range from the drawings I had. 




Oh and I got excited and put them on some things:




Buy these over at Society6

By the way this is all I am doing now I have graduated so if you have any commissions or projects you may need me for drop me an email at josiethejump@gmail.com and say hi :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I always like receiving comments so cheers in advance :) josie xx