Saturday 2 November 2013

Glass Dip Pens and Kelmscott Manor

Last wednesday I went for a day out to Kelmscott manor with my mum. Kelmscott was the home of british designer William Morris for many years, after writing my dissertation on his work I have a bit of an obsession, unfortunately you weren't allowed to take photographs inside the house but you can see some of his work from when I visited the William Morris Museum in London here.



It was a lovely sunny day so we wandered around the gardens and I got some photos of the autumn leaves - such lovely colours!





We had a timed entrance so had a look around the gift shop before we went in, you could buy almost anything in some kind of Morris print.



My mum bought me an early birthday present, a venetian glass dip pen and ink set which is absolutely beautiful! 




It holds the ink in the ridges in the glass and it flows really nicely, I haven't used ink in ages so I did a few doodles.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I always like receiving comments so cheers in advance :) josie xx