Thursday 9 January 2014

Insta-new year


Oh my goodness where did all of december go?

So mid november I started a new job working as a christmas temp. I have loved being part of a larger team in a workplace full of lots of creative and interesting people. The nature of the job and training has meant I have not had very much time for myself or my artwork, I am hoping in the new year I can dial it back a little and split my time a little more evenly. 

This post is a little update on what I have been doing and what I hope to be working on in the new year! 


Circus anyone? Ok so anyone who has been following my work in the past will know I am a little obsessed with the circus and I have been wanting to have a go for such a long time! In November I took up aerial hoop and silks classes in bristol which has been ridiculous fun, albeit slightly painful as far as bruises and calloused hands go, but your body does start to get used to it ;) hoping to fit in as much practise as I can in the new year. 



I have been working on some CD cover artwork and text for my dads new EP. Hoping to make a whole blog post for this when it is finally finished and printed up but until then here is a little preview of the unedited artwork.



I got very crafty over christmas and decided to make as many people's presents as I could. Turns out making soap is fairly easy once you have all the materials, my kitchen smelt very clean for a while whilst I was doing this. I have also been making notecards and packaging them up in a slightly more rustic way than in cello bags which I usually use. At some point these may turn up on etsy, we will see when I have the time!



I went to London for the day for my boyfriends birthday and finally managed to get to the Liberty shop, here are a couple of pictures before they told me off (sad face). The christmas window displays were beautiful and their stationary section was a little like heaven for a pattern obsessive like me.


Christmas day itself I managed to gain a pretty hefty stack of art books, my aim for the new year is to try out some new drawing activities from these books and hopefully do a few reviews mixed with those drawings on the blog. I also got some POSCA markers which I am excited to use having never tried them out before, such epic colours!


Here is a nice little picture just outside my new job! I have been kept on for now (yay!) so will still be working but now I am more settled in I can hopefully plan some new projects ;)

What is everyone else planning in the new year? Let me know!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I always like receiving comments so cheers in advance :) josie xx