Tuesday 9 July 2013

London Show - New Blood

So last week I went to London for 4 days to help set up and invigilate our uni show for D&AD New Blood. This show hosts universities and colleges throughout the UK with courses spanning many areas including graphic design, animation and illustration.

We arrived at 8.30am last tuesday to set up the show which involved making up portfolios, sticking together lots of velcro pads and lots of awkward lining up of images on foam board. I managed to drop a stack of about 100 portfolio pages on the floor which is always a fun thing to sort out... too much sleep deprivation causes silly thing to happen!

That afternoon I got to travel across London with 3 others to have a portfolio surgery with agency Phosphorart. This was really enjoyable as we got feedback about our work and got to look through some of the portfolios of artists they represent. 

We then went back to Spitalfields to get ready for the private view at 6pm - no rest for the wicked!









I didn't get a chance to take many photos but here are a few of other uni's work I liked:





We also had a wander around lots of other parts of London including Camden where I stumbled across some pretty amazing street art.






Was a great few days hanging out with everyone and looking around London, now just trying to figure out this whole job business and working on a few competitions! Hopefully I will be able to post some new work soon :)



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I always like receiving comments so cheers in advance :) josie xx