Tuesday 23 July 2013

Paint and Trees

This week I have been doing some workshops with autistic children as part of Plymouth Universities widening participation scheme. Todays workshop was run by Jo LB of Drawing Together, and we were making trees with the children to be put together into a magical forest.



The children were given large sheets of paper to draw their trees onto. They then could draw any kind of tree shape they wanted and use collage, drawing, stencilling and printing techniques to create their trees. 






There were some wonderful creations :) 

As they were happy to get on with working, we decided to get involved and make our own trees and have a general play around!


Jo used stencils and printing


Jordan did some paper engineering.



and I played around with some UV paint and drew some colourful leaves! Sometimes I wish I was a child again, painting things is so much more fun than I remembered...






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I always like receiving comments so cheers in advance :) josie xx