Sunday 5 February 2012

thermographic birds

Some people on my course are organizing a thermographic induction, when looking up what this was i found out that it involved something I have done since I was a child. 
When I was younger we always used to decorate cards with stamps and embossing ink. You pour thermographic powder over the ink, tap off the excess, and then melt the ink over a cooker to leave a shiny coloured finish! 
I brought back all of the pots of thermographic powder from home so I could do some experiments, I like how the blue and silver compliment the ink and add a bit of shine and sparkle to the drawings.






1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful :) especially love the golden look of the first one :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I always like receiving comments so cheers in advance :) josie xx