Wednesday 17 April 2013

Tigerprint female pattern

So last night I submitted designs to Tigerprint's monthly design competition. This months theme is "female surface pattern", the brief being fairly open, asking designers to re-invent female pattern, thinking outside the box and using designs which steer away from the obvious flower designs you see everywhere.

I have been using the Ipad app "IOrnament" a lot recently to draw my own digital designs. It takes a lot of the work out of figuring out repeats and the more I use it, the more I see how much you can do with it. Once you have drawn your pattern, you can see what that drawing looks like in different repeat styles, and you can then Email the tile to yourself to use in Photoshop as a pattern.

For this competition I opened the tiles I wanted in Photoshop and tweaked the colours, saturation etc. before submitting them to the competition!






I have also put some of the designs on Society6 if you fancy a cushion or phone cover, check them out in my shop here





















3 comments:

  1. these are beautiful Josie! good luck for the competition! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers love! yeah I am always interested to see what they choose :) xx

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! Good luck with the comp! Sooo tempted by that light green cushion! x x x

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I always like receiving comments so cheers in advance :) josie xx